INTRODUCTION AND TERMS
Under the Data Protection Laws your rights are:
- To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data
- Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why
- Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
- Restrict Processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- Data Portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Object – You have the right to object to s processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
We collect and process Personal Data. Typically the Personal Data we collect and process will include name, address and email address but we may collect and/or process other Personal Data from time to time. It also may include IP address and cookies of your visit to websites.
We only collect data from you directly or via third parties (see Third parties below.)
HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We use information held about you to:
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interest);
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us:
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so e.g. asking a question through our website;
- Carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure; and
- Notify you about changes to our services
We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.THIRD PARTIES
- We will keep your information within the organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- In addition third parties may provide us with Personal Data and they should only do so where the law allows them to.
- By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency."
We will try to ensure that any digital data that contains your Personal Data is stored within the UK.LEGITIMATE INTEREST & MARKETING
- Where we use Legitimate Interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision.
- If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose not to receive these types of communication by contacting us.
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.DATA DELETION
Under Data Protection Laws you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.DATA CORRECTION
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.DATA INSPECTION
- We strive to be as open as we can in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
- The information we supply will:
- Confirm that your data is being processed;
- Verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing;
- Confirm the categories of personal data being processed;
- Confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; and
- Let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form.
- Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
- If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
- In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the email@example.com.